The simple framework that helps you build it
In this episode, we continue our conversation with David Hassell, the CEO and Founder of 15Five. While 15Five is a software platform built to administer the 5-15 Framework, the secret to their success is in building conditions of trust.
We dive deep into the ways a simple framework (don’t worry, no software is required) is really a secret weapon to build trust and build physiological safety. This is especially important in today’s ever-changing environment.
If you missed the previous episode, be sure to check it out here. 15Five is also offering their software free, for a limited time, during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click this link to get more information on this special offer.
- The power behind writing down your thoughts – both for yourself and for your employees
- Why employees are more likely to give you the truth through written feedback
- How to know if your business has physiological safety
- What to do if you don’t have physiological safety
- The importance of trust in beating the competition
- How “Command and Control” actually works – and the tipping point to where it doesn’t
- Free resources you can use to help your employees be the leaders they want to be
About David Hassell
David Hassell is a serial entrepreneur, business columnist, and speaker who believes that when leaders support employees in becoming their best selves, high engagement and performance and uncommon loyalty naturally result.
As co-founder and CEO of 15Five, David and his team have developed industry-leading people management software that helps build phenomenal cultures via a suite of features including check-ins, OKR tracking, 1-on-1s, and peer appreciation.
While at 15Five, David created the science-inspired Best-Self Management methodology that helps leaders address hidden factors that stimulate sustainable growth and development – things like intrinsic motivation, strengths, and psychological safety. By practicing Best-Self Management and using 15Five internally, they have experienced near-zero attrition, rapid growth, and awards like ranking #3 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
David was named “The Most Connected Man You Don’t Know in Silicon Valley” by Forbes Magazine, and has also been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Inc., and Fast Company.
Make sure to subscribe to the For You Leaders Podcast on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.