This is the final episode in our series of interviews with Duo Security co-founder, Dug Song. If you missed Part One or Part Two, be sure to check them out now. In this episode, we cover a variety of topics from managing the board to work-life balance.
We also dive into how Duo Security actively operationalizes their values to ensure they come to life within the business. There are no cheesy inspirational posters in this episode, just real and raw tactics and advice you can start implementing today. Listen now:
Other topics include:
- The meaning behind Duo’s three core values: engineer the business, learn together and be kinder than necessary
- How Duo utilizes the three core values and puts them into practice
- How Duo makes decisions as a business
- What’s more important: exact experience or diverse thinking?
- The real way Duo showed Kirk how Duo is “kinder than necessary”
- What Duo looks for in hiring
- Actual questions Duo asks in the hiring process and what they are looking for in the answers
- How Dug built a $2.35b business and still manages to have a thriving family
- Why Duo requires that employees take a vacation
- The role the CEO needs to take as “Chief Storyteller”
- How Dug managed the Board of Directors to drive toward results
- How Dug ran the board meetings and unique ways he maximized his time with the board
- The self-fulfilling prophecy that happens with many boards
- The test to learn in someone if right for you board
- A lot more!
Thanks again to Dug at Duo Security for all of the time and incredible insight. If you have a question or comment, please leave it in the comments section below. Make sure to subscribe to the For You Leaders Podcast on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.