GABE KRAJICEK, CEO OF KASASA – PART ONE
The story of David and Goliath is a classic business fable. The big guy takes on the little guy…and wins. It sounds great, but how do you actually do it? Our guest today, Gabe Krajicek, is currently taking on some of the largest businesses in the world. As CEO of Kasasa, he’s taking on the likes of Wells Fargo, Bank of America and Chase.
Kasasa partners with community banks and credit unions to wage a war on Mega Banks. Today, Kasasa’s partners make Kasasa the 6th largest bank in the country – and they are still growing.
However, the journey wasn’t always easy for Gabe and Kasasa. At one point, Kasasa had three months of runway when regulators notified them their product was illegal. In this episode, Gabe talks candidly about that moment and the steps he took to from there to take on the Goliaths of the banking world.
Today’s Topics Include:
- How the road to heaven does go through hell. What makes it a day trip or a daily trip?
- Scattered focus leads to scattered results
- What happens to your company when you have crystal-clear focus
- Gabe’s doubts in challenging the largest banking institutions
- What a mentor told him when he was ready to quit
- The subtle and not-so-subtle clues leaders can give to cause buy-in and alignment
- What does Kasasa mean? How did they come up with name?
- The “-ER” marketing strategy that causes many companies to fail
- The way uniting small financial institutions creates competition with Mega Banks
- The role market research has played with Kasasa and their growth
- If customers vote with their wallet, not research, how do you know what will work and what won’t?
Listen to Part Two of Gabe’s Podcast